My First Attempt at Food Photography

17:43


I've wanted to try food photography for a long time. A few days ago I finally got around to doing it.


I baked some blueberry muffins, made some coffee, found some props in the cupboard, and set up the shot on a board which I placed on the floor.


Our cat Jenny kept coming over and trying to drink the coffee. I had to keep pushing her away. Do most cats like coffee?


The photos were worth the fight. I'm very proud of them. I don't know why it took me so long to get around to trying food photography. It was a lot of fun to plan and shoot.


Would you like to learn how to make my blueberry muffins? I invented the recipe myself!


Ingredients

3 cups of self-raising flour

100 grams butter

1/4 cups of rice malt syrup (or honey if you prefer)

1 cup of blueberries

1 egg

1 tbs of vanilla essence

2 1/2 cups of milk

Instructions

Step One: Preheat your oven to 200c and grease the muffin tin.

Step Two: Pour the flour into a bowl. Cut the butter into small chunks and rub it into the flour.

Step Three: Add the rice malt syrup, blueberries, the egg, and vanilla essence. Mix together.

Step Four: Pour in the milk and stir until smooth.

Step Five: Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes.

Step Six: When the muffins are golden brown, take them out of the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.

Step Seven: Eat your muffins and enjoy!

Have you ever done food photography? What are your tips? Also, what is your favourite kind of muffin? Would you like me to share more recipes? Tell me in a comment!
If you'd like to see more of my photos, follow me on Instagram @thetechnomaid. I'm currently working on my first 365 project and I upload all my photos to Instagram.

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. You are excellent! Keep up the good work! My cat Olive also likes coffee.

    - Edie
    Mintyperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wonder if it's just our cats or if all cats like coffee.

      Delete
  2. Nice, and not that I am a food photographer or anything but I would recommend finding a brighter place to do it. Or add in some other lights to make it brighter. For the best shots, especially of food and still life, you want them to be really bright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your advice. I was actually attempting a style of photography called low light photography. I was trying to get a similar effect to that in a lot of Sarah Wilkerson's photos. Here is a link if you'd like to see what I'm talking about: https://www.instagram.com/sarahwilkerson/
      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Oh, a chef AND a photographer! That's amazing that you can create your own recipes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your images are looking so excellent best job you have done on this.
      clipping path

      Delete