Where Have I Been?

17:04

 
So far the month of November has been quiet over here on The Techno Maid. Why is this? I've been participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), a challenge to write a 50k novel in a single month.

Every day since the first of November I've sat down at my computer and churned out as many words as I can.

On the eighteenth of November, I hit 50k words. I'm so proud of myself. This is a new record for me. Every other year I've done NaNoWriMo, it's taken me much longer to reach my goal.

So what did I write?

I decided that instead of writing a fantasy novel like I do most years, I'd like to try my hand at sci-fi (my second favourite genre).

Here is a summary I wrote for my novel:

Michael has a plan to free the world of pain. When the government refuses to allow him permission to let his research loose on the world, Michael becomes focused on getting the permission he needs. He soon forgets everything else, including the real purpose of what he is doing. Michael soon comes up with a plan to force the government to agree to his plans. But it is against all the good things his original purpose stood for.

Cassia is a test-subject of Michael's. She is also the first person affected by Michael's plan. After nearly being killed at Michael's hand, she knows that she has to do something to stop him.

With the help of a security guard, a half-mad chauffeur, a man with a cat and the daughter of a millionaire, she sets out to defeat Michael. The only problem... she has no idea what she has to do.


Would you like to read a bit of my novel?


Here are some of my favourite excerpts from my novel:

***


***
 ***
Are you doing NaNoWriMo? How are you going? What is your novel about? Do you have any excerpts to share? If you do please share them in a comment!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments