How to Make Goji Berry and Chocolate Scones

18:23

Once again I've been experimenting in the kitchen. Last time we went shopping, Mum bought goji berries. I had never tasted goji berries before and I was interested to see what recipes I could invent using them. Today I thought I'd share my first recipe: goji berry and chocolate scones.

Ingredients:

2/3 cups of milk
1 tbs of lemon juice
2 cups of plain flour
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
70 grams of cold butter
1 cup of oats
1/3 cups of dried goji berries
70 grams of chopped chocolate
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1/4 cup of rice malt syrup (or honey)

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. In a small bowl mix milk and lemon juice together. Put this mix to one side.
3. In a big bowl mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
4. Rub in the butter until it becomes fine crumbs.
5. Tip in goji berries, chocolate, vanilla essence and rice malt syrup. Mix it all up.
6. Stir in the milk and lemon juice mix.
7. Knead until it becomes a dough.
8. Cut your dough into 8-12 scones.
9. Put your scones in the oven and cook them for 20 minutes.
10. Serve and enjoy!

If you try this recipe please tell me what you think! I hope you enjoy.

What was the last thing you baked? What is your favourite recipe? Do you like goji berries?

You Might Also Like

0 Comments