Poetry, Poets and Writing

14:28

I love poetry. I am glad that term is back because I can study it some more. My favourite kind of poems are ballads. They tell wonderful tales.

Two of my favourite poets are Henry Lawson and Banjo Paterson. I love Banjo Paterson's Man From Snowy River. It is so exciting. My favourite poem by Henry Lawson is Andy's Gone With Cattle. I liked it so much I memorised it. It is the only poem I have ever memorised.

Today we looked at a poem called The Village Blacksmith by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. It wasn't a ballad but it was still very good. 

I sometimes wish I could write poems. It would be so much fun to write stories in rhyme. It must take a lot of talent to get poem writing down to an art.

One day I am going to learn how to write a ballad. I have a feeling writing poetry must be almost as much fun as writing novels.

What is almost as good as being able to say you have written a poem though is to say you have memorised one.

Do you like poetry? What is your favourite poet? 

You Might Also Like

0 Comments