How to Make Chocolate ANZAC Biscuits

18:15


Today is ANZAC day. "Gemma-Rose, would you like to help me make some ANZAC biscuits?" I ask.

Gemma-Rose nods eagerly and helps me get the ingredients out. Soon we're mixing, melting butter and have a brilliant time.

"Who'd like a biscuit?" I cry as I pulled them out of the oven, pleased with my success.

ANZAC biscuits are a favourite in our house. So today I thought I'd share our recipe for them. 

Ingredients

110 g butter.

3 tablespoons of  rice malt syrup.

1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda.

3/4 of a cup rolled oats.

3/4 of a cup desiccated coconut.

3/4 of a cup plain flour.

2 teaspoons of stevia

Chocolate (as much as you'd like)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 175ºC

2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and rice malt syrup, stirring until the mixture starts to bubble.

3. Combine the bicarbonate of soda with the butter mixture.

4. Combine remaining ingredients  in a separate bowl. 

5. Once the butter mixture has cooled, pour it into the dry ingredients and mix in.

6. Put small balls of mixture onto a tray and flatten with the back of a spoon.

7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

8. Let them cool, then eat!

Do you like ANZAC biscuits? What is your favourite kind of biscuit?

You Might Also Like

0 Comments